The Liebster Award…I have seen many blogs that have this award and never knew what it was until I was nominated by Laura’s Creative Adventures. Thank you Laura for the honor of getting one of these cool awards!
Laura explained how this award can be found only on the internet. It usually goes out to bloggers that have 200 or fewer followers. In other words, new, undiscovered blogs. Another fun fact about this award is that you can only be nominated by other bloggers. I also found out that the word liebster means beloved, sweetheart, and boyfriend (or can be translated to lover). This award is kinda like a pay-it-forward thing that welcomes new bloggers to the blog-verse! Which I find personally kinda cool.
The rules are simple for this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. (It’s just so rude not to.)
- Answer 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
- Continue with 11 facts about yourself.
- Pay-it-Forward and nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Be kind, and let the new nominees know what is happening by notifying them.
- Oh! Ask 11 new questions for them to answer.
Without further ado, here are the 11 questions that Laura asked me:
1. What makes you happy?
A lot of things make me happy. Mainly the simple pleasures in life make me happy. When I smell coffee in the morning, when it rains while it’s sunny, when the trees are blooming, etc. These simple things make my day. There are other things in life that make me happy too, including videogames, music, boardgames, nature, movies, friends, family, and my boyfriend bring a smile to my face. 🙂
2. Where were you born and where do you live now?
I was born in Louisville, Kentucky and live in an apartment by my college campus. I also live in my research lab some nights. 😉
3. What’s your favorite song and why?
This is a tough question to answer. I guess I’ll pick the one that makes me smile every time I hear it. It’s called “Everytime We Touch” by Cascada. When I first heard this song in middle school, I fell in love with. To this day when I hear it I can’t help but smile. So I guess it’s my favorite song.
4. What’s your favorite dish?
Pancakes! Or Pizza! I can’t really decide on this one, but both are fantastic.
5. How did you choose your blog’s name?
My blog’s name is ArtsyRobot. My boyfriend actually named it for me, but it was for a whole different project that never took off. (That’s another story for another time. 😉 ) The name is a combination of my love for artsy things and science, meshed into one.
6. If you could bring someone back to life, who would it be?
Usually I would put Abraham Lincoln because I think it would be great to hear his opinions about life. However, a week or so ago the son of a woman who works with my dad passed away. I think I would want to bring him back to life, because he was only 13 and had so much of life ahead of him. This is of course assuming that the person you bring back to life doesn’t crave brains or murder.
7. What do you do to relax?
Get a nice cup of coffee and sit down to watch, listen, or read stories (So books, comics, movies, tv shows, video games, podcasts, etc.). I also like to hang out with friends and play tabletop games. Not just the classic Clue and Monopoly, but Catan, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Legendary, and such.
8. How would you describe yourself?
I am a scientist that loves chemistry and biology. I am a crafter and artist that is trying to improve her skills. I am extroverted most of the time, but I also like my “me time.”
9. Who are the people you love the most?
My boyfriend, family, and friends. They are the closest to my heart. ❤
10. What are your hobbies?
My hobbies include, but are not limited to: crafting, artsy things, jewelry-making, reading, hiking, adventuring, tabletop games, video games, and watching netflix.
11. What is the one thing you really would like to do in your life?
I want to change someone’s life. I know that it’s selfish, but I would love it if one day someone looked up to me. That my stories and thoughts gave them the courage to live their own dreams.
AND NOW 11 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I love dressing up for an occasion. Whether it be a graduation ceremony or a renaissance fair. Just dressing up and being a part of the atmosphere makes such occasions so exciting for me.
2. I have a younger brother by two years. He was always the smart kid of the family, and I was very jealous of how easy life seem to be for him. Today, I’ve gotten over the petty jealously and I’m really proud of him and his journey. Not everyone has to take the same path to success.
3. I’m allergic to chocolate….
4. I have Cherokee, Irish, English, Scottish, and Jewish blood in me. (That’s all that I know of anyways.) I love getting to know more about these cultures, learning their faults and strengths, and trying to learn from my past heritage.
5. I am as eco-friendly as I can be. I want to do as little harm as I can to the Earth, that way it’s still livable five generations from now. So “reduce, reuse, recycle” is one of my motto’s for life.
6. Old movies, and foreign movies are more enjoyable to me than most of the American movies being produced today.
7. I love parties. Not the “let’s get drunk and forget the night!” kind, but ones that celebrate an occasion. (Refer back to Fun Fact #1.) Baby showers, sports games, weddings, graduating, conventions, etc.
8. My video game is tied between Okami and The World Ends With You.
9. I am more of a DC fan then Marvel, but I am not blind to the faults nor strengths of each comic book company.
10. I am Aquarius, and it seems like a lot of the stereotypes for Aquarians fit my personality pretty well.
11. I only started getting into video games and comics in 2011. I was always a book lover though.
Now for the 11 Questions for My Nominees:
1. What is your favorite motto/quote?
2. If you were able to have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
3. What help you decide to start blogging?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who would you love to meet in person?
6. What superpower would you like to have? Why?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. What are your hobbies?
9. How would you describe yourself?
10. Most important person in your life.
11. What is your favorite drink?
And finally, the lovely blogs I nominate:
- The Pickled Pastor
- Story Punch!
- Less Than Perfect Studio ❤
- Adenine, Thymine, Guanine, and Crafting
- Fiona’s frugal lifestyle
- Susha-kun’s Imaginary World
- Raven’s Shadow
- Nevermore Decor
- Games. Craft. Words.
- the active attic
All of these blogs are worth checking out. They all make my day brighter when I see that I have a new post I can read up on their blog. 🙂
2 thoughts on “The Liebster Award”
Thank you so much for this nomination! I really appreciate your kind words and support. I can’t wait to complete this and read all of your answers! xxx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Of course! You have such a beautiful blog!