Hello everyone! How’s the new year been treating you?
Sorry for my mini-hiatus. I got a new puppy on New Years day! She’s an adorable little thing who loves getting into things. This past week was focused on completely training her. Though she won’t be fully trained for a while (she’s only 7 weeks old), she has become more house trained, which gives me more time to focus on my pet projects.
One that I’ve had in mind since September was creating new Love Letter tokens. My fiance proposed to me with the game while we were sitting on our balcony. While we were playing it, one of the red cubes dropped off it into a bunch of bushes. And it has stayed there ever since because we couldn’t find the thing. Which gave us two options: buy a new version of it, or create new tokens.
I couldn’t miss on this opportunity, so of course I chose the latter. Below is a quick guide into how I created some hearts to use as tokens.
What I Needed:
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
- Acrylic paint and accessories
What I Did:
- I played with the clay until it was moldable and create a flat sheet of it.
- Using the toothpick I carved out the hearts and peeled away the excess clay.
- Then I placed them unto the wax paper which was sitting on top of the baking sheet.
- After making 13 hearts, I baked the clay as per the box instructions.
- I painted a couple layers of red paint unto the hearts. REMEMBER: Let the paint dry for an hour between layers.
- Finally I applied a layer of varnish so that the paint doesn’t come off, and let it dry for an hour before using.
I can’t wait to play with these new tokens! Now I can play one of my favorite quick card games again!
Thank you guys for reading, and hope you have a great rest of the week!