Hi everyone! How are you today?
Today’s project is one I recently started thinking about. Adult coloring books have become a huge, positive way to help de-stress after a hard day at work. I have two books gifted to me this past Christmas, and I love them! But I’ve been wondering, what do you do with the page after you’re done coloring?
I mean, you can have them sit around and add to the pile of items you should probably throw away but don’t want to. (I’m not the only one who does this, right?)
So I’ve come up with a couple of options to help reuse those awesome colorings. This is one of the more simpler projects I have, but I’d thought I would show you how I make bookmarks out of old colored pages! Don’t fret though if you don’t have all the supplies needed for this project. I have a lot of ideas on how we can use old coloring pages so maybe you’ll see the perfect project for you in the next post!
What I Needed:
- Colored coloring page
What I Did:
- Take your colored page out of the coloring book. Some books make this easy, but you might need to use the scissors to cut it out.
- Measure 2×6 inch area on your coloring page with your ruler. Use the pencil to mark the area.
- Use your scissors to cut it out.
- Do this until you fill up a laminator sheet. Make sure you leave about an 1/8″ area around the bookmark.
- Follow the instructions on the laminator.
- Cut it to your desire.
What I learned:
- If you don’t have a laminator but decide to cut your coloring page into a bookmark, be warned that there’s a chance your coloring will bleed into your book. I learned about this halfway through writing this post (thus why the supply photo doesn’t have a laminator in it)…
- I did not do this for my bookmark, but an option you could do to add some uniqueness to your bookmarks is using a hole punch to punch a hole on the top of your bookmark and stringing ribbon through it.
- Most laminators are easy to use if you follow the instruction manual. Surprising, I know. I’m not going to lie, this is the first time I’ve used one by myself and look at the results below. It didn’t turn out half bad.
As I was making these bookmarks, I realized that these bookmarks could be cute gifts for friends and family, especially if you bought them a book recently, or a cute gift for your book club.
Thank you guys for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of the week!