I love the idea of reusing colored pages from old coloring books and turning them into a fun craft to use around the house.
A couple of weeks ago I talked about how to make bookmarks out of your favorite coloring pages. (I am happy to note that I made 5 or 6 bookmarks out of the coloring page I used for the post, and all were gifted to friends.)
This week I thought up another craft project to use for those old coloring pages for instead of throwing them out. However this one won’t necessarily being used around your home. This craft was inspired by A Bit of Glue & Paper, who has created some beautiful homemade cards on her blog. (You should check it out if you get a chance!)
What I Needed:
- Colored coloring page
- Blank sheet of paper
- Glue (or Tape)
- Additional Decorations (Optional)
What I Did:
- Take your colored page out of the coloring book. Some books make this easy, but you might need to use the scissors to cut it out.
- Fold the coloring page hamburger style.
- Fold the blank sheet of paper to fit inside the coloring page when it’s folded.
- Glue (or tape) the blank sheet unto the inside of the coloring page.
- Let it dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Cur off the rough edges if there are any.
- Add any additional decorations.
What I Learned:
- I definitely needed more glue for this project then I originally thought. Make sure to go back and check around the edges that the two pieces of paper are glued together.
- I did not really use the pencil and ruler for creating the card, but I know I’ll use them to try to write smoothly inside the card.
I love this idea because it’s so fun and perfect for anyone who has a pen pal. The card I made for this post will be sent to my lovely grandma. She has talked about how she misses snail mail, so I thought this would be a fun craft project to work on for her.
As always, thank you for reading! If you are any thoughts or ideas inspired by this post, please comment below; I’d love to hear them!